Shrink-o-Matic

The Drama of Human Neuroses: When Every Little Thing Matters

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Add to Technorati Favorites
May 24, 2007

Faith In Humankind

Posted by Bella

In today's dog eat dog world, I find it a great challenge to have faith in humankind. Everyone seems to be out for themselves; people, in general, seem to have lost all sense of ethics, morals, dignity, and loyalty. And yet, there are those days where you almost think...it hasn't all gone to hell.

I went to Starbucks this afternoon to get a drink...something tart, fruity, and not coffee based. A young man working there recommended the passion-flavored ice tea, which I've never tried at Starbucks. I was thirsty enough to plop down my $3.25 for an untested beverage but, before I could pay, he said, "Nah, don't worry about it. If you like it enough, you can pay for it the next time." I stood there a little confused. Then I was all, "Really?" Nice! You could have blown me over with a feather! How cool was that?

I realize it isn't a huge deal--we all get a freebie perk here and there, but when you have days where you really don't care for people..it's a treat when someone decides to look past your scowl and be kind--just because.

Of course, a Starbucks freebie isn't nearly enough to convince me that people aren't completely selfish and self-absorbed these days but, hey...it turns out I may not be completely convinced that everyone is rotten to the core, either.

1 comments:

Malicious Intent said...

Interesting site, would love to connect. Love the starbucks story...there is hope. Just don't watch CNN...or you will be convinced its all a done deal!